Use Your Library as a Resource
Don’t overlook how libraries can help you in your career search or transition. Most provide extremely valuable tools, intelligence, and information in your job search for free. Some of the more popular resources available at libraries are listed below.
Don’t forget to check your local township library, the Mercer County Library system, NJ State Library in Trenton, and even your college library to see how they can help you! Check out the Princeton Public Library which offers classes year-round for FREE to residents and non-residents – you don’t even need a library card to participate in many of the programs.
- Reference USA which provides company intelligence including address, executive names, sales by year, employees by year, and subsidiary information.
- The Directory of Executive Recruiters by James Kennedy (aka “The Red Kennedy Book”) The Kennedy book is a comprehensive book of recruiters (retained and contingency) broken out geographically and by industry.
- Job and Career Accelerator Program
- Training Classes (e.g., computer software, job search)
- Job Search Support Groups
- Regional Business News ….
…. and much more!