Selling Yourself (August 17, 2019)
2019 MONTHLY MEETINGS
Aristotle believed an important skill any person could have was the ability to influence.
Have you ever had to convince your colleagues, department heads, or company executives to try a different tactic in acquiring new business? Ever tried to get your customers to buy your stuff? Ever tried to get your kids to behave a certain way? Ever go on a job interview?
Join us for a thought provoking, highly interactive, and entertaining program that will demystify your views of selling and help you to better sell yourself. With a blank white board or flip chart, 2 different colored markers, and an audience thirsting for knowledge, you will:
- Discover how you can apply selling theories and techniques to help you land whatever job you desire. (Hint: no rocket science involved, but Rocket Scientists can surely benefit.)
- Hear new ideas about old sales strategies that focus your attention on getting hiring managers to consider you for the job you want. (Make them wonder how they ever got along without you.)
- Learn how to put a different spin on the job search activities you currently perform…so you can distinguish yourself from your competition…so you can bolster your pipeline…so you can improve your chances of getting employed. (Make the people you talk to feel glad they met you.)
2019 MONTHLY MEETINGS
We generally meet the third Saturday of the month (April 2019 we meet the 4th Saturday). Our 2019 meetings are: — Jan 19 — Feb 16 — Mar 16 — Apr 27 — May 18 — Jun 15 — July 20 — Aug 17 — Sept 21 — Oct 19 — Nov 16 — Dec 21
• All are welcome; open to the public. No cost to participate.
• Expert presenters cover a new job search / career management topic each month.
• Address: St. Gregory the Great Church Community Parish Center (Building #6 in rear of the parking lot), 4620 Nottingham Way, Hamilton Square, New Jersey, 08690. directions
We are where job search and career management come together. For 10+ years, the Career Support Group (CSG) at St. Gregory the Great Church in Hamilton Square, NJ, has provided a safe space for participants to learn, network, and help one another.
Monthly meetings feature different career experts and topics to help you advance in your career or job search. We generally meet on the third Saturday each month from 8:30am – 10:30am. Meetings are geared towards professionals and are open to the public. No cost to participate. All are welcome!
Participants include those seeking new job positions, wanting to advance in their careers, considering a career change, re-entering the labor market, recently graduated, and those who want to stay abreast of current trends or are paying it forward.
We meet at St. Gregory the Great’s Community Parish Center (building 6 in rear of parking lot), 4620 Nottingham Way, Hamilton Square, NJ 08690. Meetings are non-denominational and all are welcome to attend. For directions and details, visit www.careersupportgroup.org.