LinkedIn: Be Found (5/19/2018)
Your Goal=to BE FOUND!
In today’s market, a LinkedIn profile is a “must have” for any professional or job seeker as more than 90% of companies use LinkedIn to identify or vet a candidate. But having a profile isn’t enough — it’s ALL about being found. Alex Freund, The Landing Expert, will be featured in an insightful and highly valuable presentation for any professional: “LinkedIn: Be Found.”
This highly interactive session is designed to help you understand the dynamics of LinkedIn and how to position yourself for success. If you cannot be found, you cannot be considered for a position. There are a number of reasons why your profile might not appear in a search. Alex will reveal how to break through these impediments so that YOU make a recruiter’s search list.
And, not all components of your LinkedIn profile are created equal. In this presentation, you will learn which elements of your profile weigh more heavily in searches and which sections require your attention first. Alex will provide tips and easy-to-use tools that you can use right away to optimize your profile giving you a distinct competitive advantage.
MEETING DETAILS FOR LINKEDIN: BE FOUND
- Saturday, May 19, 2018 – Monthly Meeting
- 8:30am-10:30am with networking afterwards
- FREE! Open to public. All are welcome.
- Address: St. Gregory the Great Community Parish Center (Building #6 rear of the parking lot), 4620 Nottingham Way, Hamilton Square, New Jersey, 08690. Directions Website
- May 19 “LinkedIn: It’s About Being Found” with guest presenter, Alex Freund
- June 16 Special Guest presenter, Marty Latman
- July 21 “Constructing Your 1-Page Personal Marketing Plan” with guest presenter, Benny Recine
- August 18 “Let’s Get Visible: Digital Marketing Strategies to Connect with Hiring Mangers” with guest presenter, Randy Fischer
- September 15 More to come!
- October 20 “Stop Looking for a Job… Start Building Your Career” with guest presenter, Keith Bogen
- November 17 More to come!
- December 15 Holiday Networking Party
ABOUT the CAREER SUPPORT GROUP (at St. Gregory the Great)
For 10+ years, the Career Support Group (CSG) at St. Gregory the Great Church has been a dynamic support group where job seekers and jobholders connect to move forward in their careers and where participants are willing and committed to providing help to one another in job search and career advancement. We generally meet on the third Saturday of the month at 8:30am. Our meetings are FREE and primarily geared toward professionals. All are welcome including those actively seeking new positions, considering a career change, graduating or re-entering the market, and those who just want to stay abreast of current trends. We are an active, non-denominational group serving the greater Hamilton and central New Jersey-Bucks County area. www.careersupportgroup.org directions
LINKEDIN “BE FOUND” PRESENTER — ALEX FREUND
Known as “The Landing Expert,” Alex Freund helps his clients land new positions and promotions through effective interviewing. As a former director at Honeywell, Sanofi and Tyco International, Alex has hired hundreds. Currently, Alex is a career coach with expertise in improving interviewing and making clients confident and comfortable in the interviewing process. Alex has helped more than 700 clients ranging from managers to senior executives and CEOs in a multitude of industries. He is well-known via his volunteering in several job-search networking groups where he is a frequent presenter, conducts workshops on interviewing, effective resumes, and LinkedIn in addition to publishing a blog written specifically for job seekers. Alex also teaches a course for people in transition via the Princeton Adult School and publishes The Landing Expert List, a free directory of job-search networking groups via his website at http://www.landingexpert.com. Alex is a graduate of Cornell University and speaks five languages.