- This event has passed.
LinkedIn: Be Found (May 19, 2018)
May 19 @ 8:00 am - 10:30 am
In today’s market, a LinkedIn profile is a “must have” for any professional or job seeker as more than 90% of companies use LinkedIn to identify or vet a candidate. But having a profile isn’t enough — it’s ALL about being found. Alex Freund, The Landing Expert, will be featured in an insightful and highly valuable presentation for any professional: “LinkedIn: It’s About Being Found.”
This highly interactive session is designed to help you understand the dynamics of LinkedIn and how to position yourself for success. If you cannot be found, you cannot be considered for a position. There are a number of reasons why your profile might not appear in a search. Alex will reveal how to break through these impediments so that YOU make a recruiter’s search list.
And, not all components of your LinkedIn profile are created equal. In this presentation, you will learn which elements of your profile weigh more heavily in searches and which sections require your attention first. Alex will provide tips and easy-to-use tools that you can use right away to optimize your profile giving you a distinct competitive advantage.
- Saturday, January 21st – Monthly Meeting
- FREE! All are welcome.
- Expert presenters cover a new job search / career management topic each month.
- Address: St. Gregory the Great Church Community Parish Center (Building #6, rear of the parking lot), 4620 Nottingham Way, Hamilton Square, New Jersey, 08690.
UPCOMING 2018 MEETINGS
- May 19 “LinkedIn: It’s About Being Found” with guest presenter, Alex Freund
- June 16 Special Guest presenter, Marty Latman
- July 21 “Constructing Your 1-Page Personal Marketing Plan” with guest presenter, Benny Recine
- August 18 “Let’s Get Visible: Digital Marketing Strategies to Connect with Hiring Mangers” with guest presenter, Randy Fischer
- September 15 More to come!
- October 20 “Stop Looking for a Job… Start Building Your Career” with guest presenter, Keith Bogen
- November 17 More to come!
- December 15 Holiday Networking Party
ABOUT the CAREER SUPPORT GROUP (at St. Gregory the Great Church)
For 10+ years, the Career Support Group has been an active support group where job seekers and jobholders connect to move forward in their careers and where participants are willing and committed to providing help to one another in the job search process. We meet on the third Saturday of the month at 8:30am at St. Gregory the Great Church , 4620 Nottingham Way, Hamilton Square, NJ, 08690 (directions). Meetings begin at 8:30, are FREE to attend, open to all, non-denominational. Each month a new job search or career management topic is presented by a career expert that is geared towards professionals. Ideal for those seeking to manage and advance in their career, job seekers, recent graduates, those re-entering the job force, and those wanting to stay abreast of current employment / career trends. www.careersupportgroup.org
ABOUT ALEX FREUND
Known as “The Landing Expert,” Alex Freund helps his clients land new positions and promotions through effective interviewing. As a former director at Honeywell, Sanofi and Tyco International, Alex has hired hundreds. Currently, Alex is a career coach with expertise in improving interviewing and making clients confident and comfortable in the interviewing process. Alex has helped more than 700 clients ranging from managers to senior executives and CEOs in a multitude of industries. He is well-known via his volunteering in several job-search networking groups where he is a frequent presenter, conducts workshops on interviewing, effective resumes, and LinkedIn in addition to publishing a blog written specifically for job seekers. Alex also teaches a course for people in transition via the Princeton Adult School and publishes The Landing Expert List, a free directory of job-search networking groups via his website at www.landingexpert.com. Alex is a graduate of Cornell University and speaks five languages.