47 Absolutely Uncommon Ways to Find a Job (January 16, 2021)
THIS MONTH’S MEETING
During Abby Kohut’s journey across the US, she collected handfuls of very uncommon strategies people have used to find and land a job. Boy oh boy, some of you have tried some truly ingenious techniques! And now, she is ready to reveal everything to you at this event. You will learn:
- How a job seeker landed a job by decorating her house with Christmas lights
- Why a chocolate resume can get recruiters to call you
- 3 ways to hobnob with CTOs, CFOs, CEO’s and other C-suite members
- How to solve problems for companies who don’t know that they have them
- 3 ways to use social media to generate opportunities you didn’t know existed
Start your new year with a bang! Let Abby teach you some uncommon job search techniques that have actually worked. And, while she’s at it, she’ll also share some details on the Hidden Job Market.
LOG ON INFO
• January 16, 2021 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM
• Please join from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
• Logon forthcoming
2021 MONTHLY MEETINGS
We generally meet the third Saturday of the month. Like other organizations, we know the importance of our meetings and are working to bring them to you during COVID. We anticipate that we will have our remaining 2020 meetings, but cannot yet confirm when we will start meet in person again. Do mark your calendars for our 2021 dates — Jan 16, Feb 20, Mar 20, Apr 17, May 15, Jun 19, Jul 17, Aug 14, Sept 18, Oct 23, Nov 20, and Dec 18.
***VIRTUAL ONLY MEETINGS AT THIS TIME—NO IN-PERSON MEETINGS DUE TO COVID-19***
- All are welcome; open to the public. No cost to participate.
- Expert presenters cover emerging issues and insights for job search or career management/advancement each month.
- When we do return to in-person meetings, they will be at St. Gregory the Great Church Community Parish Center (Building #6 in rear of the parking lot), 4620 Nottingham Way, Hamilton Square, New Jersey, 08690.
- www.careersupportgroup.org www.careersupportgroup.org/directions
ABOUT Speaker Abby Kohut
ABOUT Career Support Group (CSG)
We are where job search and career management come together. For 10+ years, the Career Support Group (CSG) at St. Gregory the Great Church in Hamilton Square, NJ, has provided a safe space for participants to learn, network, and help one another.
Monthly meetings feature different career experts and topics to help you advance in your career or job search. We generally meet on the third Saturday each month from 8:30am – 10:30am. Meetings are geared towards professionals and are open to the public. No cost to participate. All are welcome!
Participants include those seeking new job positions, wanting to advance in their careers, considering a career change, re-entering the labor market, recently graduated, and those who want to stay abreast of current trends or are paying it forward.
When we are able to meet once again post-COVID, we will meet at St. Gregory the Great’s Community Parish Center (building 6 in rear of parking lot), 4620 Nottingham Way, Hamilton Square, NJ 08690. Meetings are non-denominational and all are welcome to attend. For directions and details, visit www.careersupportgroup.org.