47 Absolutely Uncommon Ways to Find a Job with Abby Kohut (January 16, 2021)
THIS MONTH’S MEETING
During Abby Kohut’s journey across the US, she collected handfuls of very uncommon strategies people have used to find and land a job. Boy oh boy, some of you have tried some truly ingenious techniques! And now, she is ready to reveal everything to you at this event. You will learn:
- How a job seeker landed a job by decorating her house with Christmas lights
- Why a chocolate resume can get recruiters to call you
- 3 ways to hobnob with CTOs, CFOs, CEO’s and other C-suite members
- How to solve problems for companies who don’t know that they have them
- 3 ways to use social media to generate opportunities you didn’t know existed
Start your new year with a bang! Let Abby teach you some uncommon job search techniques that have actually worked. And, while she’s at it, she’ll also share some details on the Hidden Job Market.
Log On & Meeting Details
- January 16, 2021 (Saturday) • 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM
- Please join from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- From Phone +1 (786) 535-3211 ••• Access Code: 806-630-229
2021 Monthly Meetings
We generally meet the third Saturday of the month. Like other organizations, we know the importance of our meetings and are working to bring them to you during COVID. We anticipate that we will have our remaining 2021 meetings, but cannot yet confirm when we will start meet in person again. Do mark your calendars for our 2021 dates — Jan 16, Feb 20, Mar 20, Apr 17, May 15, Jun 19, Jul 17, Aug 14, Sept 18, Oct 23, Nov 20, and Dec 18.
- All are welcome; open to the public. No cost to participate.
- Expert presenters cover emerging issues and insights for job search or career management/advancement each month.
- When we do return to in-person meetings, they will be at St. Gregory the Great Church Community Parish Center (Building #6 in rear of the parking lot), 4620 Nottingham Way, Hamilton Square, New Jersey, 08690.
- www.careersupportgroup.org www.careersupportgroup.org/directions
About Our Speaker – Abby Kohut
Abby Kohut is known in the job search world as “Absolutely Abby” because she tells the Absolute truth about the job search process.
In the past 25 years, Abby has held corporate recruiting positions in a variety of industries and is responsible for helping 10,000 people get hired. Her website AbsolutelyAbby.com, which was selected as one of the “Top 100 Websites for Your Career” by Forbes, teaches candidates secrets about the Absolute truth about the job search process that other recruiters won’t tell you. AbsolutelyAbby.com was mentioned on CNBC as one of three top websites for career changers and CNBC published an article naming Abby as a Top Career Coach and Recruiter.
Abby is one of the “Top 100 Influential People Online” according to Fast Company Magazine and is known as “Ask Abby” on LinkedIn. Since 2012, Abby has been on a mission to help one million job seekers and she drove around the US in an RV in order to accomplish that goal. Her job search adventures were covered by several nationwide TV and radio networks including: Fox 5, Sirius XM, NBC, CBS, ABC, Bloomberg Radio, LinkedIn, Monster, and The Ladders. Abby employs lighthearted humor to help her job seekers understand what they need to learn.
About Career Support Group (CSG)
We are where job search and career management come together. For 10+ years, the Career Support Group (CSG) at St. Gregory the Great Church in Hamilton Square, NJ, has provided a safe space for participants to learn, network, and help one another.
Monthly meetings feature different career experts and topics to help you advance in your career or job search. We generally meet on the third Saturday each month from 8:30am – 10:30am. Meetings are geared towards professionals, are non-denominational and are open to the public. No cost to participate. All are welcome!
Participants include those seeking new job positions, wanting to advance in their careers, considering a career change, re-entering the labor market, recently graduated, and those who want to stay abreast of current trends or are paying it forward.
When we are able to meet once again post-COVID, we will meet at St. Gregory the Great’s Community Parish Center (building 6 in rear of parking lot), 4620 Nottingham Way, Hamilton Square, NJ 08690. Meetings are non-denominational and all are welcome to attend. For directions and details, visit www.careersupportgroup.org.