How Not to Suck at Networking (November 21, 2020)
How Not to Suck at Networking
Networking is such a personal activity, it is not a one size fits all practice. Most people get bogged down in the details and miss out on the foundation of how to build and retain an effective network. At the end of the day, no one cares WHAT you do, but do you know them, like them or trust them? Establishing and growing meaningful relationships is undeniably critical to long-term success and during the current worldwide pandemic when networking has shifted from onsite to fully online, Ashley reveals how to connect “face-to-face” in our new normal.
By attending this session you will learn how to:
- Nurture your current business relationships
- Create a tactical, individualized approach
- Save time by recognizing the best strategic partners
- Effectively engage contacts using email, messaging, social media, and other digital tools
- Craft an authentic, powerful, professional networking process
- Sat, November 21, 2020 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM (EDT)
- Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- You can also dial in using your phone. United States: +1 (872) 240-3412 Access Code: 313-204-085
2020 MONTHLY MEETINGS
We generally meet the third Saturday of the month. Like other organizations, we know the importance of our meetings and are working to bring them to you during COVID. We anticipate that we will have our remaining 2020 meetings, but cannot yet confirm when we will start meeting in person again. Please check this page frequently.
IN-PERSON MEETINGS AT ST. GREGORY THE GREAT DETAILS
- All are welcome; open to the public. No cost to participate.
- Expert presenters cover emerging issues and insights for job search or career management/advancement each month.
- Address: St. Gregory the Great Church Community Parish Center (Building #6 in rear of the parking lot), 4620 Nottingham Way, Hamilton Square, New Jersey, 08690.
- www.careersupportgroup.org www.careersupportgroup.org/directions
About Ashley Owens
Ashley Owens is the first and only Networking Concierge that puts you in the right situation or gets you out of the wrong one. As a networking concierge, Ashley works as a strategic partner, attending events with professionals as an extension and champion of them at local events and conferences. Starting her career as a personal and executive assistant to two celebrities in NYC, her experience in networking grew as she obtained positions in customer service, business analytics, and account management. Since 2017, she has grown her business into something she could have NEVER dreamed of. Ashley is a host of two digital TV talk shows on RVNTV and This is it TV, speaking and interviewing on the topic of tactical networking. She has taken over 700 introduction phone calls with business professionals looking to grow their network, and has given close to 1,000 introductions. She has spoken to over 50 networking groups, organizations, companies, and conferences, including the coveted Pennsylvania Conference for Women. She has been interviewed on the Mel Robbins Show on CBS, produces and hosts a podcast talking to entrepreneurs and their screw-ups, raises over thousands of dollars for local nonprofits that she partners with at her Cocktails and Conversation networking event, has over 185 referral partners, owns equity in two other startup companies, and has been flown around the country as a keynote speaker.
About Career Support Group (CSG)
We are where job search and career management come together. For 10+ years, the Career Support Group (CSG) at St. Gregory the Great Church in Hamilton Square, NJ, has provided a safe space for participants to learn, network, and help one another.
Monthly meetings feature different career experts and topics to help you advance in your career or job search. We generally meet on the third Saturday each month from 8:30am – 10:30am. Meetings are geared towards professionals and are open to the public. No cost to participate. All are welcome!
Participants include those seeking new job positions, wanting to advance in their careers, considering a career change, re-entering the labor market, recently graduated, and those who want to stay abreast of current trends or are paying it forward.
We meet at St. Gregory the Great’s Community Parish Center (building 6 in rear of parking lot), 4620 Nottingham Way, Hamilton Square, NJ 08690. Meetings are non-denominational and all are welcome to attend. For directions and details, visit www.careersupportgroup.org.