Abby Kohut — Success for the Seasoned Search… Being Overqualified (4/21/2018)
Seasoned Search Catch 22
Many seasoned job seekers find themselves being called overqualified because they have more years of experience than the job description calls for. Learn powerful strategies to overcome your interviewer’s misconceptions about you. It’s impossible to BE overqualified unless YOU believe you ARE overqualified. In this seminar, you will learn:
- How to answer the overqualified question
- The REAL reason why recruiters AND hiring managers are concerned about hiring overqualified applicants
- How to change your cover letter and resume if you believe you are overqualified
- Seven ways to explain on an interview why being overqualified is an advantage
- How to handle the “age factor” and being over age 36
- Saturday, April 21, 2018 – Monthly Meeting
- 8:30am-10:30am with networking afterwards
- FREE! Open to public. All are welcome.
- Address: St. Gregory the Great Community Parish Center (Building #6 rear of the parking lot), 4620 Nottingham Way, Hamilton Square, New Jersey, 08690. Directions Website
- April 21 “Success for the Seasoned Search… The Benefit of Being Overqualified” guest presenter, Abby Kohut
- May 19 “LinkedIn: It’s About Being Found” with guest presenter, Alex Freund
- June 16 Special Guest presenter, Marty Latman
- July 21 “Constructing Your 1-Page Personal Marketing Plan” with guest presenter, Benny Recine
- August 18 “Let’s Get Visible: Digital Marketing Strategies to Connect with Hiring Mangers” with guest presenter, Randy Fischer
- September 15 More to come!
- October 20 “Stop Looking for a Job… Start Building Your Career” with guest presenter, Keith Bogen
- November 17 More to come!
- December 15 Holiday Networking Party
ABOUT the CAREER SUPPORT GROUP (at St. Gregory the Great)
For 10+ years, the Career Support Group (CSG) at St. Gregory the Great Church has been a dynamic support group where job seekers and jobholders connect to move forward in their careers and where participants are willing and committed to providing help to one another in job search and career advancement. We generally meet on the third Saturday of the month at 8:30am. Our meetings are FREE and primarily geared toward professionals. All are welcome including those actively seeking new positions, considering a career change, graduating or re-entering the market, and those who just want to stay abreast of current trends. We are an active, non-denominational group serving the greater Hamilton and central New Jersey-Bucks County area. www.careersupportgroup.org directions
ABOUT ABBY KOHUT
Abby Kohut, who is known in the job search world as Absolutely Abby, is the President of Staffing Symphony, LLC and author of “Absolutely Abby’s 101 Job Search Secrets.” In the past 22 years, Abby held corporate recruiting positions in a variety of industries and is responsible for helping 10,000 people get hired. Her website AbsolutelyAbby.com, which was selected as one of the “Top 100 Websites for Your Career” by Forbes, teaches candidates secrets the Absolute truth about the job search process that other recruiters won’t tell you. AbsolutelyAbby.com was also mentioned on CNBC as one of three top websites for career changers. Abby is one of the “Top 100 Influential People Online” according to Fast Company Magazine and is known as “Ask Abby” on LinkedIn. She has provided job search tips on SiriusXM, Fox 5, NBC, CBS, ABC, Monster, Real Simple, The Ladders, Bloomberg Radio, and Forbes. Recently, CEOWORLD Magazine rated Abby “One of the Top 25 Women for your Job Search” and Business News Daily rated @Absolutely_Abby as “One of Top 10 Twitter Accounts Every Jobseeker Should Follow.” Since 2012, Abby has been on a mission to help one million job seekers and is currently driving & flying around the USA on a nationwide tour to accomplish that goal.